Your broadband internet network is an important part of your home or business. With the right wiring, you can enjoy the fast broadband internet speeds, crystal-clear TV connections, and reliable phone services that greatly enhance the functionality of your space.
Are you building or remodeling a single-family home? A multiple-dwelling unit? Or even a new office for your business? No matter the project, the right wiring should be a part of your blueprint.
Installation of the correct wiring involves a fiber drop, fiber splicing, mounting a “wall box,” or termination enclosure. This enables fiber to enter the home, set up an optical network terminal (ONT), and activate telecom services.
Consider these questions before finalizing your building or remodeling project:
- What type of service will I want (internet, TV, phone)?
- How much and what type of wiring do I need to provide fast broadband internet connections?
- Will the installer wire my home correctly so that my electrical wiring runs separately from my broadband internet, TV, and phone cables?
- Where will I place the jacks, and have I allowed one wire per service at each location?
- Will the electrician, contractor, or NDTC technician run home wires without looping from jack to jack, running each separate wire to the entry point?
Even if you do not plan on activating internet, television, or phone services right away, installing interior wiring now that can handle future technology will allow you to enjoy fast telecom services for years to come.
To learn more about our telecom installation services, contact NDTC today!